Jump to content

Build ideas


Recommended Posts

Posted

I know some of us like to build things or just have ideas for really cool projects.  I figured we could have a section to share ideas and possibly help each other out with ideas or advice.  Who knows what we could accomplish if we work together? 

Posted (edited)

Here is a quick rough sketch I did today for a rat rod motorcycle I would like to build, minus a gas tank.  It will change a bit based on what I can find since rat rods are build from random scavenged parts but I am planning on building the frame from scratch.  Please forgive my bad drawing skills.

14045685_10209887366242958_3975917559037

Edited by Michael8402
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

I do have a few cage build ideas that I am in search of old furniture for.  If anyone knows of any free or cheap dressers, night stands, entertainment centers, or china cupboards, please let me know.

Posted
22 hours ago, michael840 said:

I do have a few cage build ideas that I am in search of old furniture for.  If anyone knows of any free or cheap dressers, night stands, entertainment centers, or china cupboards, please let me know.

Not offhand, but Craigslist/freecycle are great resources for that stuff.

Garage/estate sales are fun too if you just happen across them.

Posted

I just ordered about 100 grams worth of watch parts, completely random pieces, to use for sculptures and possibly jewelry or pins and such.  Anyone interested in checking them out when they get here or interested in pieces that I make?

  • 1 month later...
Posted
On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 4:21 PM, michael840 said:

I do have a few cage build ideas that I am in search of old furniture for.  If anyone knows of any free or cheap dressers, night stands, entertainment centers, or china cupboards, please let me know.

Around the beginning of the month, we get move outs and evictions here at the Apartment complex.  When that happens, a lot of furniture gets thrown out.  Even recovered 2 flat screen monitors the other day and both work.  Usually find dressers, entertainment centers and other odds and ends.

Posted
1 hour ago, Draco1958 said:

Around the beginning of the month, we get move outs and evictions here at the Apartment complex.  When that happens, a lot of furniture gets thrown out.  Even recovered 2 flat screen monitors the other day and both work.  Usually find dressers, entertainment centers and other odds and ends.

I will have to check that out.  I wish I had a truck.  lol

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Statistics

    38.9k
    Total Topics
    822k
    Total Posts
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 40 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Soulrev
      This is very true. My wife is a very outgoing, social, and overall happy person, and that's why I fell in love with her the moment we met. She took the initiative to approach me - and had it not been for that, I may have never met her! Over the 11 years we've been together, quite happily, I've learned that she makes it an effort to be happy and not let life get her down. Wherever we go she will light up a room. She's not always happy, but she always does her best to at least appear happy, and that, to me, just makes her that much more attractive. Not to mention, she's always getting hit on 🤣🤷🏻‍♂️ So, I think a lot of people find people with an outgoing, confident and positive attitude more attractive and more approachable! Idk that's just me, though. . . I still say you will find your special someone soon! Get out there, put on a happy face, and get 'em! 🤠👍
    • Scary Guy
      I went to Cold Waves II with a friend, and then we met a few other friends there.  It was a fantastic time.  I hope to make it again sometime.
    • Scary Guy
      WE . ARE . FUCKED! Start preppin'
    • Scary Guy
      For once I get to post it :( Was in the hospital for my first (and hopefully last) kidney stone.  Had some opiates to help with that pain, and now I'm amazingly impacted / constipated (which I went back to the ER for.)  Trying not to hit that level of pain again.  I'll still take it over the little ball of razorblades stone (and it was only 2mm!.) Getting old sucks.  Worst birthday present ever.
    • kat
      I think I'm more sexual than many people.  My mind lives in gutters but getting older well, it should be helping,  maybe. Omg, am I an old pervert now? 
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.