Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

13921099_10153720972041625_4133403477230530386_n.jpg

Posted

All very true.

  • 2 months later...
Posted

That's why mean people like me just say it like it is. I have very little in the way of kindness for it's own sake left in me at all. If I say something, like it or not, it is my genuine feelings.

Posted
4 hours ago, Moe Falcon said:

That's why mean people like me just say it like it is. I have very little in the way of kindness for it's own sake left in me at all. If I say something, like it or not, it is my genuine feelings.

I just try to take the context into account. Context matters. Who my audience is is pretty relevant.   Like I wouldn't say to grandma on her deathbed that , just as an example hey... I don't believe in angels (at least not what she thinks of as angels).  Sometimes its just when or "how" you say something that still makes the same point.  Also some points just don't need to be made. (like telling grandma I'm not so sure shes going anywhere when she dies... I can just skip that doubt statement, nothing to gain by it other than causing anxiety/sadness). There is a push/pull relationship between truth and kindness we all struggle with it even super blunt people can't help but occasionally try to soften the blow , so to speak.   Even (actually) mean people have some kindness buried deep in them somewhere.   I think you do try to be kind.  I just think maybe we are using different terms like "blunt" doesn't mean "I'm not nice".  I know you're nice... hah. So there!  

Posted

"That's why mean people like me just say it like it is. I have very little in the way of kindness for it's own sake left in me at all. If I say something, like it or not, it is my genuine feelings."

If I compliment you. i mean it. You are brave and good and you do smell nice.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Statistics

    38.9k
    Total Topics
    822k
    Total Posts
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 82 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
  • Topics

  • Posts

    • et-novum
      I'm feeling like a squirrel playing in traffic that has, so far, avoided consequences from my own poor choices. 
    • Soulrev
      This is very true. My wife is a very outgoing, social, and overall happy person, and that's why I fell in love with her the moment we met. She took the initiative to approach me - and had it not been for that, I may have never met her! Over the 11 years we've been together, quite happily, I've learned that she makes it an effort to be happy and not let life get her down. Wherever we go she will light up a room. She's not always happy, but she always does her best to at least appear happy, and that, to me, just makes her that much more attractive. Not to mention, she's always getting hit on 🤣🤷🏻‍♂️ So, I think a lot of people find people with an outgoing, confident and positive attitude more attractive and more approachable! Idk that's just me, though. . . I still say you will find your special someone soon! Get out there, put on a happy face, and get 'em! 🤠👍
    • Scary Guy
      I went to Cold Waves II with a friend, and then we met a few other friends there.  It was a fantastic time.  I hope to make it again sometime.
    • Scary Guy
      WE . ARE . FUCKED! Start preppin'
    • Scary Guy
      For once I get to post it :( Was in the hospital for my first (and hopefully last) kidney stone.  Had some opiates to help with that pain, and now I'm amazingly impacted / constipated (which I went back to the ER for.)  Trying not to hit that level of pain again.  I'll still take it over the little ball of razorblades stone (and it was only 2mm!.) Getting old sucks.  Worst birthday present ever.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.