Jump to content

What about Thanksgiving?


Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm new here.. but Gathering Thursday will interfere with Thanksgiving ( Thursday, November 24 ) :ohmy: So I guess I'm asking what is protocol?

Just curious,

Moe

Posted

Sol, in any case, I probably can't go that day,

Posted (edited)

Goth family > regular family, however I'm sure many have plans and I'm assuming we'll just skip that week.  Maybe I can DJ at City or something.  Just staying in and sleeping is also an option.

Also, barbecue chicken pizza is a thing, why not turkey?  Or steak for that matter!

Also this:

 

Edited by Scary Guy
Posted

I'm just going to call it for thanksgiving.  I know a few people probably have nothing to do that day but so many will that it will be fairly pointless.   As an aside (ill repeat this in the thread itself) the "top posters for the month" cards would normally be calculated sometime before that day, ill probably just wait until the 29th or 30th and then give them out at the next gathering. 

Posted (edited)

That said I'm now derailing this thread.  If others have nothing to do I'm open for getting together and going out in some sort of anti-thanksgiving thing.  Post here and let me know.

Also, not sure what we have to be thankful for this year anyway. http://www.reddit.com/r/fuck2016

Edited by Scary Guy
Posted

I'm not sure about anyone else, but our families view Thanksgiving as a celebration of us still being here. Half of our family were slaves brought to America on Clipper Ships and the other half are Tribal Americans. Also, since Trene's birthday is right at Thanksgiving, we celebrate every year she has survived since her accident as "Victory Years".

But that's just our family view.

Posted
On 11/7/2016 at 5:03 AM, Scary Guy said:

Goth family > regular family, however I'm sure many have plans and I'm assuming we'll just skip that week.  Maybe I can DJ at City or something.  Just staying in and sleeping is also an option.

Also, barbecue chicken pizza is a thing, why not turkey?  Or steak for that matter!

Also this:

 

Also, this is our favorite Thanksgiving reenactment EVER!!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Statistics

    38.9k
    Total Topics
    822k
    Total Posts
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 613 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
  • Topics

  • Posts

    • et-novum
      I'm feeling like a squirrel playing in traffic that has, so far, avoided consequences from my own poor choices. 
    • Soulrev
      This is very true. My wife is a very outgoing, social, and overall happy person, and that's why I fell in love with her the moment we met. She took the initiative to approach me - and had it not been for that, I may have never met her! Over the 11 years we've been together, quite happily, I've learned that she makes it an effort to be happy and not let life get her down. Wherever we go she will light up a room. She's not always happy, but she always does her best to at least appear happy, and that, to me, just makes her that much more attractive. Not to mention, she's always getting hit on 🤣🤷🏻‍♂️ So, I think a lot of people find people with an outgoing, confident and positive attitude more attractive and more approachable! Idk that's just me, though. . . I still say you will find your special someone soon! Get out there, put on a happy face, and get 'em! 🤠👍
    • Scary Guy
      I went to Cold Waves II with a friend, and then we met a few other friends there.  It was a fantastic time.  I hope to make it again sometime.
    • Scary Guy
      WE . ARE . FUCKED! Start preppin'
    • Scary Guy
      For once I get to post it :( Was in the hospital for my first (and hopefully last) kidney stone.  Had some opiates to help with that pain, and now I'm amazingly impacted / constipated (which I went back to the ER for.)  Trying not to hit that level of pain again.  I'll still take it over the little ball of razorblades stone (and it was only 2mm!.) Getting old sucks.  Worst birthday present ever.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.