Jump to content

Goth Clubs Listing


Recommended Posts

Posted

Oh look, we're on there!

You should have titled this "goth clubs in Michigan" as that's more accurate since this covers all of Michigan.

There have been a few other attempts at a thing like this by a few other services and interested people who remember the old https://www.vamp.org/Gothic/clublist.html site which is woefully out of date and at this point just exists in a historical context.

Then there was http://www.gothclublist.com which seems to be working again (FINALLY!)

Not to mention crap on Failbook and Meetup.com

Finally I got fed up with everything and started my own thread (that I should really update) on here:  

Also I mentioned a few things over at the end of this thread too:

 

Also I recently found out about this site as well http://www.newgothcity.com/index_east.html although that guy hasn't gotten back to me.

 

Posted

There is this too:

https://www.vamp.org/Gothic/clublist.html

 

Key problem is just getting someone to KEEP a list up to date, like forever.  Reminds me of when I started DGN I thought , well if I start it I don't want it to end up like the 5 million other websites that never gets updated.  I've not kept up with it as much as I'd like, but its still here.  The DETAILS of it, I just don't have the time to do it all, and everyone that has come along  has (eventually) left or is just so inactive its not funny.   I think we are up to like 4 (now defunct) spinoff boards of DGN. 

 

I liked SGs post(s) with club nights, thought about asking you to just keep a list up to date in a pinned post (or administer the calendar).

Posted

The updating aspect is why this one being set up as a Wiki is nice. It means anyone with new/updated info can get an account and update/add the info. Granted, it took a while for the owner to actually authorize my account, but once he did, it was very easy.

Posted

I'm still waiting.

Troy, I mentioned that site!  Wish it was either active or gone.  This dead state it's been in for years just keeps outdated info up.  They need to make it more obvious that it's not in use.

Also, I should bitch about vampirefreaks.com which used to have a nice events listing.  They axed it in the site update so I found no reason to stick around there.  But it makes me think of the old DGN calendar and how that was a nice thing.  Unfortunately Failbook kind of takes the place of that but if we had more of their features (without their spying and ads) I think we might get some more users over here.

Posted (edited)
On 11/15/2016 at 12:51 AM, cthulhu said:

If he isn't responding, try sending him a message through Facebook. His Facebook account is linked here:
http://www.gothclubs.org/index.php?title=User:Videoman

Here's a direct link:
https://www.facebook.com/synackurg

Well I hope he checks his other messages folder then because I can't add him.  Maybe you could suggest him as a friend?

Troy, as for our (currently defunct) calendar I'd be happy to manage that, assuming we don't use google or something stupid and go with a free and open source solution.

Edited by Scary Guy
Posted

I think he does check his other messages (which you actually get notification of with the new Facebook update). That's how I got a hold of him. I don't have him as a friend either, and he still got my message and responded.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Statistics

    38.9k
    Total Topics
    822k
    Total Posts
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 47 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
  • Topics

  • Posts

    • et-novum
      I'm feeling like a squirrel playing in traffic that has, so far, avoided consequences from my own poor choices. 
    • Soulrev
      This is very true. My wife is a very outgoing, social, and overall happy person, and that's why I fell in love with her the moment we met. She took the initiative to approach me - and had it not been for that, I may have never met her! Over the 11 years we've been together, quite happily, I've learned that she makes it an effort to be happy and not let life get her down. Wherever we go she will light up a room. She's not always happy, but she always does her best to at least appear happy, and that, to me, just makes her that much more attractive. Not to mention, she's always getting hit on 🤣🤷🏻‍♂️ So, I think a lot of people find people with an outgoing, confident and positive attitude more attractive and more approachable! Idk that's just me, though. . . I still say you will find your special someone soon! Get out there, put on a happy face, and get 'em! 🤠👍
    • Scary Guy
      I went to Cold Waves II with a friend, and then we met a few other friends there.  It was a fantastic time.  I hope to make it again sometime.
    • Scary Guy
      WE . ARE . FUCKED! Start preppin'
    • Scary Guy
      For once I get to post it :( Was in the hospital for my first (and hopefully last) kidney stone.  Had some opiates to help with that pain, and now I'm amazingly impacted / constipated (which I went back to the ER for.)  Trying not to hit that level of pain again.  I'll still take it over the little ball of razorblades stone (and it was only 2mm!.) Getting old sucks.  Worst birthday present ever.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.