Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

As we all know, today was the supermoon.  However it is not an ordinary supermoon, it also is the closest the moon has been to Earth in 70 years..  While watching the morning news, I found out we will have another supermoon next month.  And it's difference in distance will be only 1000 miles further away than it was today.  Instead of calling it a supermoon, maybe it should be called a megamoon.  Just thinking, anyway the December full moon, on the 13th at 7:06pm will also in essence be another megamoon.  I plan on going to the local park to take photos although if possible I may try to get to Sterling State Park so that I can catch it rising over the water.  So if anyone wants to deal with the cold and go with me, let me know close to the 13th and maybe we can get a group to go.

Posted
37 minutes ago, Draco1958 said:

As we all know, today was the supermoon.  However it is not an ordinary supermoon, it also is the closest the moon has been to Earth in 70 years..  While watching the morning news, I found out we will have another supermoon next month.  And it's difference in distance will be only 1000 miles further away than it was today.  Instead of calling it a supermoon, maybe it should be called a megamoon.  Just thinking, anyway the December full moon, on the 13th at 7:06pm will also in essence be another megamoon.  I plan on going to the local park to take photos although if possible I may try to get to Sterling State Park so that I can catch it rising over the water.  So if anyone wants to deal with the cold and go with me, let me know close to the 13th and maybe we can get a group to go.

I think that sounds like a good idea. 

Posted

I'm open to the idea if ... god damn life will cooperate. :) 

Posted

That could be fun. Good idea. :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Statistics

    38.9k
    Total Topics
    822k
    Total Posts
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 70 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
  • Topics

  • Posts

    • et-novum
      I'm feeling like a squirrel playing in traffic that has, so far, avoided consequences from my own poor choices. 
    • Soulrev
      This is very true. My wife is a very outgoing, social, and overall happy person, and that's why I fell in love with her the moment we met. She took the initiative to approach me - and had it not been for that, I may have never met her! Over the 11 years we've been together, quite happily, I've learned that she makes it an effort to be happy and not let life get her down. Wherever we go she will light up a room. She's not always happy, but she always does her best to at least appear happy, and that, to me, just makes her that much more attractive. Not to mention, she's always getting hit on 🤣🤷🏻‍♂️ So, I think a lot of people find people with an outgoing, confident and positive attitude more attractive and more approachable! Idk that's just me, though. . . I still say you will find your special someone soon! Get out there, put on a happy face, and get 'em! 🤠👍
    • Scary Guy
      I went to Cold Waves II with a friend, and then we met a few other friends there.  It was a fantastic time.  I hope to make it again sometime.
    • Scary Guy
      WE . ARE . FUCKED! Start preppin'
    • Scary Guy
      For once I get to post it :( Was in the hospital for my first (and hopefully last) kidney stone.  Had some opiates to help with that pain, and now I'm amazingly impacted / constipated (which I went back to the ER for.)  Trying not to hit that level of pain again.  I'll still take it over the little ball of razorblades stone (and it was only 2mm!.) Getting old sucks.  Worst birthday present ever.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.