Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

The Canadian Pacific Christmas Train will be passing through the downriver area on November 30th. From what info I can find, it will pass Thunderbowl Lanes in Allen Park between 6 and 9pm. The track it uses will take it past the crossing at Pardee near Ecorse Rd which means it will pass Monroe and Ecorse Rd. Sometime between 9 and 11pm. I am going to try to get there. Tried figuring it out on CP's website but to no avail. Info is from a News-Herald article and a posting on Facebook.

Posted

Train arrived in Windsor at 4:30pm.  They held an even till 6pm.  Train should be on the move.  It will also do a slow roll near a park in Romulus off of Goddard just west of the airport.

Posted

Intersting in another life I was a mild train aficionado. But since it was just me and my grandfather, then just me I wandered away from the subject.

Posted

Train finally showed up around 9:30.  But it didn't really slow down.  So I had to do quick pics.  Because of that I didn't think to check camera settings.  Turned out I was still set to manual settings which were adjusted for moon shots so unless I can work some magic, all the pics are crap.  Saw on the news that the train slowed to a crawl at Thunderbowl.  Had I gone there as I originally planned I would have checked the pics as I took them and could have made adjustments.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Statistics

    38.9k
    Total Topics
    822k
    Total Posts
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 43 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
  • Topics

  • Posts

    • et-novum
      I'm feeling like a squirrel playing in traffic that has, so far, avoided consequences from my own poor choices. 
    • Soulrev
      This is very true. My wife is a very outgoing, social, and overall happy person, and that's why I fell in love with her the moment we met. She took the initiative to approach me - and had it not been for that, I may have never met her! Over the 11 years we've been together, quite happily, I've learned that she makes it an effort to be happy and not let life get her down. Wherever we go she will light up a room. She's not always happy, but she always does her best to at least appear happy, and that, to me, just makes her that much more attractive. Not to mention, she's always getting hit on 🤣🤷🏻‍♂️ So, I think a lot of people find people with an outgoing, confident and positive attitude more attractive and more approachable! Idk that's just me, though. . . I still say you will find your special someone soon! Get out there, put on a happy face, and get 'em! 🤠👍
    • Scary Guy
      I went to Cold Waves II with a friend, and then we met a few other friends there.  It was a fantastic time.  I hope to make it again sometime.
    • Scary Guy
      WE . ARE . FUCKED! Start preppin'
    • Scary Guy
      For once I get to post it :( Was in the hospital for my first (and hopefully last) kidney stone.  Had some opiates to help with that pain, and now I'm amazingly impacted / constipated (which I went back to the ER for.)  Trying not to hit that level of pain again.  I'll still take it over the little ball of razorblades stone (and it was only 2mm!.) Getting old sucks.  Worst birthday present ever.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.