Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Who would be interested in a DGN outing to a Ren Fest. I found a different one then I usually attend. It looks like it could be better then the other place, and its early summer instead of Fall, so hopefully nicer weather.

Its called Mid Michigan Ren Fest, instead of the normal Mich ren fest. They can be found on FB.

Posted

*shrug* Haven't attended any Ren stuff since ce 1994? John assured me I'd be ordering new bloomers this year.. It would be up to him/kids stuff.. I can't fathom a Fu%k to give.

Posted (edited)

I've never been to a ren fest. I know. I know.  Don't even say it. I have heard that there are these big ass turkey legs that people walk around eating, though.

Edited by kat
Posted
On 1/23/2017 at 9:10 AM, Moe Falcon said:

*shrug* Haven't attended any Ren stuff since ce 1994? John assured me I'd be ordering new bloomers this year.. It would be up to him/kids stuff.. I can't fathom a Fu%k to give.

As long as it's a dry day.  I can't fathom anybody trying to push the chair around in mud.

 

16 hours ago, kat said:

I've never been to a ren fest. I know. I know.  Don't even say it. I have heard that there are these big ass turkey legs that people walk around eating, though.

As far as the MI Ren Fest goes, you aren't really missing much except over-inflated ticket prices, over-inflated food prices, over-inflated garment prices, over-inflated item prices, etc...., and TONS of tourists.

If you get a season pass and actually use it then it's worth it, if you don't buy anything, just hang out by the tavern, and take in the shows (they usually beg for money on top of the ticket price though, but a couple bucks usually shuts them up if they come your way.)  Everyone should see Dead Bob at least once, although it isn't anywhere near as good as it used to be, and it's pretty much all one standard script now so once is enough.

If you do go though, consider donating to the medical fund.  http://rescufoundation.org  You'd think with all that money they take in they'd get medical care but NOPE.

Posted

I miss going to Fair

 

Posted

I would possibly be interested. Depends on cash and if I have to drive for Uber. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Statistics

    38.9k
    Total Topics
    822k
    Total Posts
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 25 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
  • Topics

  • Posts

    • et-novum
      I'm feeling like a squirrel playing in traffic that has, so far, avoided consequences from my own poor choices. 
    • Soulrev
      This is very true. My wife is a very outgoing, social, and overall happy person, and that's why I fell in love with her the moment we met. She took the initiative to approach me - and had it not been for that, I may have never met her! Over the 11 years we've been together, quite happily, I've learned that she makes it an effort to be happy and not let life get her down. Wherever we go she will light up a room. She's not always happy, but she always does her best to at least appear happy, and that, to me, just makes her that much more attractive. Not to mention, she's always getting hit on 🤣🤷🏻‍♂️ So, I think a lot of people find people with an outgoing, confident and positive attitude more attractive and more approachable! Idk that's just me, though. . . I still say you will find your special someone soon! Get out there, put on a happy face, and get 'em! 🤠👍
    • Scary Guy
      I went to Cold Waves II with a friend, and then we met a few other friends there.  It was a fantastic time.  I hope to make it again sometime.
    • Scary Guy
      WE . ARE . FUCKED! Start preppin'
    • Scary Guy
      For once I get to post it :( Was in the hospital for my first (and hopefully last) kidney stone.  Had some opiates to help with that pain, and now I'm amazingly impacted / constipated (which I went back to the ER for.)  Trying not to hit that level of pain again.  I'll still take it over the little ball of razorblades stone (and it was only 2mm!.) Getting old sucks.  Worst birthday present ever.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.