Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

So today, my last grandparent died of lymphoma at 87, in his sleep.  Despite his few faults he was for the most part a great man and the world is lesser without him.  Today marks the first time in my life without any living grandparents.  I fucking hate change, and death.  It's comforting to know when we go we stop existing but it's also still frightening as well.  Despite the pain I feel now I like existing.  Maybe when (if) I get to his age I'll have endured enough of it to finally be ready as well.  Maybe when (if) I make it to that age assisted suicide laws will be sane to where he could have just checked out when he wanted to.  Maybe when (if) I make it to that age we'll have the singularity in place; However that scares me too as I'll have to share eternity with all you assholes ;)

I don't know what else to say so I guess I'll end this here.

 

Edited by Scary Guy
Posted

gallery_4589_1237_750.jpg

 

Singularity - Who knows...eternity together might not be such a bad thing...at least you would already know what everyone was thinking before they felt they thought it. :happy:

Just be aware of the need to meddle in the lives of other planetary races...

large.58bf743f076c0_Q-StarTrek_TheNextGeneration030717.jpg

 

:grouphug

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Scary Guy said:

So today, my last grandparent died of lymphoma at 87, in his sleep.  Despite his few faults he was for the most part a great man and the world is lesser without him.  Today marks the first time in my life without any living grandparents.  I fucking hate change, and death.  It's comforting to know when we go we stop existing but it's also still frightening as well.  Despite the pain I feel now I like existing.  Maybe when (if) I get to his age I'll have endured enough of it to finally be ready as well.  Maybe when (if) I make it to that age assisted suicide laws will be sane to where he could have just checked out when he wanted to.  Maybe when (if) I make it to that age we'll have the singularity in place; However that scares me too as I'll have to share eternity with all you assholes ;)

I don't know what else to say so I guess I'll end this here.

 

Sorry for your loss. I'm sure your grandad had a well lived life. I can't image all of the amazing things he got to see in his lifetime. Also, Type O rules!

Edited by zurgous
Posted

I'm so sorry to hear this. I lost my last grandparent a few years ago and I remember how weird it felt. If you need anything I think I can safely say we're all here for you.

Posted

My condolences to you and your family right now. Like Bobbi said, we are here for you :grouphug

Posted (edited)

If anyone is interested, the viewing is from 3-9 PM at Hopcroft Funeral Home at the Madison Heights location on John R.  The funeral is the next day at a church called The Woods at the Warren location on 13 Mile Rd. at 10:00 AM.  Can't wait to set foot in a church again :nut

Edited by Scary Guy
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

Not sure how i missed this SG.  Sorry to hear this.   I lost my last grandparent recently.  Sucks.   *bro hug* :(

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Statistics

    38.9k
    Total Topics
    822k
    Total Posts
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 29 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
  • Topics

  • Posts

    • et-novum
      I'm feeling like a squirrel playing in traffic that has, so far, avoided consequences from my own poor choices. 
    • Soulrev
      This is very true. My wife is a very outgoing, social, and overall happy person, and that's why I fell in love with her the moment we met. She took the initiative to approach me - and had it not been for that, I may have never met her! Over the 11 years we've been together, quite happily, I've learned that she makes it an effort to be happy and not let life get her down. Wherever we go she will light up a room. She's not always happy, but she always does her best to at least appear happy, and that, to me, just makes her that much more attractive. Not to mention, she's always getting hit on 🤣🤷🏻‍♂️ So, I think a lot of people find people with an outgoing, confident and positive attitude more attractive and more approachable! Idk that's just me, though. . . I still say you will find your special someone soon! Get out there, put on a happy face, and get 'em! 🤠👍
    • Scary Guy
      I went to Cold Waves II with a friend, and then we met a few other friends there.  It was a fantastic time.  I hope to make it again sometime.
    • Scary Guy
      WE . ARE . FUCKED! Start preppin'
    • Scary Guy
      For once I get to post it :( Was in the hospital for my first (and hopefully last) kidney stone.  Had some opiates to help with that pain, and now I'm amazingly impacted / constipated (which I went back to the ER for.)  Trying not to hit that level of pain again.  I'll still take it over the little ball of razorblades stone (and it was only 2mm!.) Getting old sucks.  Worst birthday present ever.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.