Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

large.58cb83ec90a36_st-patricks-day031717.jpglarge.58cb83f622c4e_st-patricks-day031717-1.jpglarge.58cb84037d716_StPatricksDay031717.gif

Posted

large.58bba2a087efb_VintageSt.PatricksDayCardsonPinterest030517.jpg

Posted
6 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

Gotta love Wikipedia, where anyone can write anything to any item on the page.  So to follow the idea of the griping about everyone stealing Irishness for St. Patrick's day, I feel it's only fair as a German-American that no one other than people of German decent be allowed to celebrate Octoberfest.  And only Americans can celebrate the Fourth of July, only Veterans can celebrate Memorial Day.  I mean if Wikipedia wants to talk about the Irish not happy with people other than of Irish decent celebrating a holiday then let's just be fair and do it for all holidays related to a specific ancestry.  And for the record, no one needs to play to stereotypes of people to justify getting drunk and acting like idiots on a holiday.  After all, it seems to be the American pastime to do that any day of the year, no holiday needed.

Posted
18 minutes ago, Draco1958 said:

Gotta love Wikipedia, where anyone can write anything to any item on the page.  So to follow the idea of the griping about everyone stealing Irishness for St. Patrick's day, I feel it's only fair as a German-American that no one other than people of German decent be allowed to celebrate Octoberfest.  And only Americans can celebrate the Fourth of July, only Veterans can celebrate Memorial Day.  I mean if Wikipedia wants to talk about the Irish not happy with people other than of Irish decent celebrating a holiday then let's just be fair and do it for all holidays related to a specific ancestry.  And for the record, no one needs to play to stereotypes of people to justify getting drunk and acting like idiots on a holiday.  After all, it seems to be the American pastime to do that any day of the year, no holiday needed.

LOL, to that, I almost posted this when I made this page, but I didn't want to start anything.

http://wackulus.com/may-the-luck-of-the-irish-be-with-you-6-things-to-know-about-st-pattys-day/

May The Luck Of the Irish Be With You! 6 Things To Know About St. Paddy’s Day

According to the article, no one started drinking until it was celebrated in America...so the would mean only Americans can drink on this holiday as that is how it is celebrated here.

Posted
2 minutes ago, TronRP said:

LOL, to that, I almost posted this when I made this page, but I didn't want to start anything.

http://wackulus.com/may-the-luck-of-the-irish-be-with-you-6-things-to-know-about-st-pattys-day/

May The Luck Of the Irish Be With You! 6 Things To Know About St. Paddy’s Day

According to the article, no one started drinking until it was celebrated in America...so the would mean only Americans can drink on this holiday as that is how it is celebrated here.

Seems pretty much every holiday is celebrated here with drinking and fights.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Draco1958 said:

Seems pretty much every holiday is celebrated here with drinking and fights.

Growing up, all I have ever heard is how much Americans have messed up every culture and country in the world...maybe it's true.  Apparently, all we know how to do is get drunk, fight, and procreate.  :confused:

Posted (edited)

Well, being of Irish descent I celebrated St. Patrick's Day by having a Jiggs dinner with my mom. No drinking, no fights. So happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone. :)

Edited by sekhmet2002
Posted
1 minute ago, sekhmet2002 said:

Well, being of Irish descent I celebrated St. Patrick's Day by having a Jiggs dinner with my mom. No drinking, no fights. So happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone. :)

Don't know what a Jiggs dinner is however I am glad you had a good celebration with family.  That is the important part.

Posted

Jiggs dinner is just the name for corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, and carrots. 

Posted
Just now, sekhmet2002 said:

Jiggs dinner is just the name for corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, and carrots. 

Other than the carrots, that's what we had for dinner.

Posted

Perfect for today :)

Posted
30 minutes ago, sekhmet2002 said:

Jiggs dinner is just the name for corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, and carrots. 

 

29 minutes ago, Draco1958 said:

Other than the carrots, that's what we had for dinner.

:drool

Posted
On 3/18/2017 at 0:02 AM, Draco1958 said:

Seems pretty much every holiday is celebrated here with drinking and fights.

 

Surprisingly they're Canadian and not American, but they're close enough I guess.

When it comes to the holiday it's mostly the whole feeding into the stereotype and religiousness I take issue with though.  If you do away with those then there is no reason for the holiday.  In fact, it seems to be one of the few holidays the Catholics didn't take from the pagans, and the only reason it exists is to celebrate that he converted some from their way of thinking to his.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Statistics

    38.9k
    Total Topics
    822k
    Total Posts
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 27 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
  • Topics

  • Posts

    • et-novum
      I'm feeling like a squirrel playing in traffic that has, so far, avoided consequences from my own poor choices. 
    • Soulrev
      This is very true. My wife is a very outgoing, social, and overall happy person, and that's why I fell in love with her the moment we met. She took the initiative to approach me - and had it not been for that, I may have never met her! Over the 11 years we've been together, quite happily, I've learned that she makes it an effort to be happy and not let life get her down. Wherever we go she will light up a room. She's not always happy, but she always does her best to at least appear happy, and that, to me, just makes her that much more attractive. Not to mention, she's always getting hit on 🤣🤷🏻‍♂️ So, I think a lot of people find people with an outgoing, confident and positive attitude more attractive and more approachable! Idk that's just me, though. . . I still say you will find your special someone soon! Get out there, put on a happy face, and get 'em! 🤠👍
    • Scary Guy
      I went to Cold Waves II with a friend, and then we met a few other friends there.  It was a fantastic time.  I hope to make it again sometime.
    • Scary Guy
      WE . ARE . FUCKED! Start preppin'
    • Scary Guy
      For once I get to post it :( Was in the hospital for my first (and hopefully last) kidney stone.  Had some opiates to help with that pain, and now I'm amazingly impacted / constipated (which I went back to the ER for.)  Trying not to hit that level of pain again.  I'll still take it over the little ball of razorblades stone (and it was only 2mm!.) Getting old sucks.  Worst birthday present ever.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.