Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

aliencovenantmain.jpg

Although this time people will ACTUALLY have to pay ahead of time as I doubt we will have  100+ bucks to foot the bill ahead of time, and it needs to be at an assigned seating place otherwise we will be sitting god knows were, defeating most of the point.  This , even though it is in a franchise is like all the movies pretty fully stand-alone.  None of the movies require any understanding of the alien/predator universe.  Unlike say...  harry potter were you are like WTF? every 10 minutes due to some previous movie reference.  I can't even think of any crossover references that matter all crazy minor in the movies and I've watched all (the good ones... aka 3 maybe 4) multiple times.   

Plus this is actually the "First" true Alien Movie timeline wise.   Set before the "first" movie.    Also directed by Ridley Scott so the likelyhood of it  being good is high.    If you wanted to watch them in (chronological) order you'd start with Prometheus and then this movie. 

 

In case you're unaware the alien franchise started with something that had not really been done before, that is a reasonably large budget, high quality "artsy" horror movie.  Unfortunately after the second film they had mediocre directors directors until the restart recently.

Posted

Well, it has to be a better movie than that second AVP abortion of a movie.  So happy when most of those kids died though, as it was its only saving grace.

Anyway I'm in.

  • 4 weeks later...
Posted

Sounds like fun :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Statistics

    38.9k
    Total Topics
    822k
    Total Posts
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 40 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
  • Topics

  • Posts

    • et-novum
      I'm feeling like a squirrel playing in traffic that has, so far, avoided consequences from my own poor choices. 
    • Soulrev
      This is very true. My wife is a very outgoing, social, and overall happy person, and that's why I fell in love with her the moment we met. She took the initiative to approach me - and had it not been for that, I may have never met her! Over the 11 years we've been together, quite happily, I've learned that she makes it an effort to be happy and not let life get her down. Wherever we go she will light up a room. She's not always happy, but she always does her best to at least appear happy, and that, to me, just makes her that much more attractive. Not to mention, she's always getting hit on 🤣🤷🏻‍♂️ So, I think a lot of people find people with an outgoing, confident and positive attitude more attractive and more approachable! Idk that's just me, though. . . I still say you will find your special someone soon! Get out there, put on a happy face, and get 'em! 🤠👍
    • Scary Guy
      I went to Cold Waves II with a friend, and then we met a few other friends there.  It was a fantastic time.  I hope to make it again sometime.
    • Scary Guy
      WE . ARE . FUCKED! Start preppin'
    • Scary Guy
      For once I get to post it :( Was in the hospital for my first (and hopefully last) kidney stone.  Had some opiates to help with that pain, and now I'm amazingly impacted / constipated (which I went back to the ER for.)  Trying not to hit that level of pain again.  I'll still take it over the little ball of razorblades stone (and it was only 2mm!.) Getting old sucks.  Worst birthday present ever.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.