Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Happy mothers day to all that fill the role of thaht often totally underappreciated job.top-ten-alternative-mothers-day-songs.jpg

Posted

large.59169bdae6293_Happy-Mother-Day-Rose-Flowers051317.jpg

Posted

Aww.. Thanks! :tongue:

Posted
On 5/13/2017 at 6:48 AM, Scary Guy said:

This seems to become an annual thing.  

One DGNer was very specific about their feelings regarding this "Holiday".  So I had to investigate why she was so upset.  May 11, 2014, I made the following post regarding Anna Jarvis who was the driving force behind the first Mother's Day observances in 1908.

large.5918ac3e93ef6_mothers-day-anna-jarvis_79524_990x742051114Resized051417.jpg

May 1, 1864 - November 24, 1948


"Mother's Day Turns 100: Its Surprisingly Dark History"

http://www.detroitgothic.net/index.php?/topic/37866-mothers-day-turns-100-its-surprisingly-dark-history/

--------------------------

In 2015 I was almost nervous about making anymore "Mother's Day" posts.  People seemed to be more concerned about the tragedy that befell Madame Jarvis in her never ending quest to have the day abolished more so than the fact of what the holiday actually became to mean outside of the greeting cards and flower sales.

 

I've just always found it interesting that not too many people become upset or get their noses out of joint regarding  "Father's Day"...but that's just me.

 

Posted

Happy Mother's day to all the mom's. Including those with fur babies.

Posted
11 hours ago, TronRP said:

This seems to become an annual thing.  

One DGNer was very specific about their feelings regarding this "Holiday".  So I had to investigate why she was so upset.  May 11, 2014, I made the following post regarding Anna Jarvis who was the driving force behind the first Mother's Day observances in 1908.

large.5918ac3e93ef6_mothers-day-anna-jarvis_79524_990x742051114Resized051417.jpg

May 1, 1864 - November 24, 1948


"Mother's Day Turns 100: Its Surprisingly Dark History"

http://www.detroitgothic.net/index.php?/topic/37866-mothers-day-turns-100-its-surprisingly-dark-history/

--------------------------

In 2015 I was almost nervous about making anymore "Mother's Day" posts.  People seemed to be more concerned about the tragedy that befell Madame Jarvis in her never ending quest to have the day abolished more so than the fact of what the holiday actually became to mean outside of the greeting cards and flower sales.

 

I've just always found it interesting that not too many people become upset or get their noses out of joint regarding  "Father's Day"...but that's just me.

 

 

Fathers day is the same thing though, just with the other paternal unit.

I try to show them both I love them anyway, and I therefore need no special day to do that.

It's funny though that Father's Day dates back to the middle ages though, which is bullshit too.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Statistics

    38.9k
    Total Topics
    822k
    Total Posts
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 179 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Soulrev
      This is very true. My wife is a very outgoing, social, and overall happy person, and that's why I fell in love with her the moment we met. She took the initiative to approach me - and had it not been for that, I may have never met her! Over the 11 years we've been together, quite happily, I've learned that she makes it an effort to be happy and not let life get her down. Wherever we go she will light up a room. She's not always happy, but she always does her best to at least appear happy, and that, to me, just makes her that much more attractive. Not to mention, she's always getting hit on 🤣🤷🏻‍♂️ So, I think a lot of people find people with an outgoing, confident and positive attitude more attractive and more approachable! Idk that's just me, though. . . I still say you will find your special someone soon! Get out there, put on a happy face, and get 'em! 🤠👍
    • Scary Guy
      I went to Cold Waves II with a friend, and then we met a few other friends there.  It was a fantastic time.  I hope to make it again sometime.
    • Scary Guy
      WE . ARE . FUCKED! Start preppin'
    • Scary Guy
      For once I get to post it :( Was in the hospital for my first (and hopefully last) kidney stone.  Had some opiates to help with that pain, and now I'm amazingly impacted / constipated (which I went back to the ER for.)  Trying not to hit that level of pain again.  I'll still take it over the little ball of razorblades stone (and it was only 2mm!.) Getting old sucks.  Worst birthday present ever.
    • kat
      I think I'm more sexual than many people.  My mind lives in gutters but getting older well, it should be helping,  maybe. Omg, am I an old pervert now? 
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.