Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Last night at Small's for OhGr, a few of us were sitting at a table between bands just talking.  Chernobyl/Destroit walks up and plops down and in her awesome way asks, "What the fuck is this, a moderator meeting?".

 

We all looked at each other and realized that holy hell, at one time or another every one of us sitting at the table talking as friends was a mod here at one time or another.

 

Funny, how that works.

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

That's really cool.  :)

Posted

Hah.   :)   Just in case I didn't say it before, good to see you around again @Burrich1 .  

 

I have some key people that have not set foot on DGN in years but almost their entire friends' network is directly or indirectly related to DGN and the DGN/CC 'cloud' overlap.   Nowadays if I still had my health I would be still actively promoting this sort of stuff but meh... life.  The Gathering is about all I can manage on anything like a regular basis until I can get my health in gear. 

 

A slight topic shift but similar... Part of the plan since day one was to have an online place that was semi-secluded from the rest of society. People, especially shy people,  could interact here, then when we met in real life it would be less awkward.  My old system (its still my system just my energy level is shit) is to grab any new person that shows up and just shotgun introduce them to as many people as possible.  I've not been clubbing in a while but I do a smaller version of this at The Gathering.  That almost always resulted in them netting like at least 5 insta-friends that they didn't have before.  Many of these friendships continued (and expanded to larger friend networks).  I had over the (17) years at least 10 people tell me they never had so many friends in their life. 

A bit of an awkward analogy is the church.  Many people that are basically either non-believers or even straight up atheists still go to church.  Why?  Many reasons, but a key one is a community.  Where else do you get a welcoming near instant social network?  Very few (near zero) places. DGN certainly is not even slightly as good but we try/tried.   I'm still trying but god damn my health.   I need sleep! That chronic scary level (like I sometimes have mild hallucinations due to sleep deprivation) has overshadowed the PTSD and the depression and the anxiety now.  I am working on it.  :) 

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

 But I wasn’t there LOL. But thanks to this place, I have made some amazing friends and my husband and I have been together for 12 years. I’m kind of not mad about it. 

  • Like 2
Posted
On 10/10/2018 at 9:19 PM, Anna Phylaxis said:

 But I wasn’t there LOL. But thanks to this place, I have made some amazing friends and my husband and I have been together for 12 years. I’m kind of not mad about it. 

Word.

 

Good to see ya here, too!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Statistics

    38.9k
    Total Topics
    822k
    Total Posts
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
  • Topics

  • Posts

    • et-novum
      I'm feeling like a squirrel playing in traffic that has, so far, avoided consequences from my own poor choices. 
    • Soulrev
      This is very true. My wife is a very outgoing, social, and overall happy person, and that's why I fell in love with her the moment we met. She took the initiative to approach me - and had it not been for that, I may have never met her! Over the 11 years we've been together, quite happily, I've learned that she makes it an effort to be happy and not let life get her down. Wherever we go she will light up a room. She's not always happy, but she always does her best to at least appear happy, and that, to me, just makes her that much more attractive. Not to mention, she's always getting hit on 🤣🤷🏻‍♂️ So, I think a lot of people find people with an outgoing, confident and positive attitude more attractive and more approachable! Idk that's just me, though. . . I still say you will find your special someone soon! Get out there, put on a happy face, and get 'em! 🤠👍
    • Scary Guy
      I went to Cold Waves II with a friend, and then we met a few other friends there.  It was a fantastic time.  I hope to make it again sometime.
    • Scary Guy
      WE . ARE . FUCKED! Start preppin'
    • Scary Guy
      For once I get to post it :( Was in the hospital for my first (and hopefully last) kidney stone.  Had some opiates to help with that pain, and now I'm amazingly impacted / constipated (which I went back to the ER for.)  Trying not to hit that level of pain again.  I'll still take it over the little ball of razorblades stone (and it was only 2mm!.) Getting old sucks.  Worst birthday present ever.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.