kat (1) Posted April 27, 2020 Posted April 27, 2020 (edited) Well my daughter is done with her degree requirements...congratulations to her..wow..she'll have her Bachelor's in Global Studies. What a interesting time for that too. I'm proud of her! She actually took Russian and Japanese language the same semester and they say don't try to do two languages in one semester but she did and passed and I'm just so excited for my little not so little anymore girl! I wish I could go see her and celebrate hopefully soon. Hopefully they will get a makeup ceremony. Edited April 27, 2020 by kat
kat (1) Posted April 29, 2020 Posted April 29, 2020 (edited) Dude, but China threatened the US in November about retaliation over that protester bill, they were pissed about the Tariffs, this is more than bad bat meat 🤢. Than the strains are different on the East Coast than the West apparently, East coast has the one that Italy got which is why NY, NJ, MA, PA, and even us here have it bad and more deaths. The West got the same strain from China and is weaker...hmmm.. Edited April 29, 2020 by kat
kat (1) Posted April 29, 2020 Posted April 29, 2020 I need to stop reading bullshit maybe and thinking idk. Thinking is bad.
kat (1) Posted April 29, 2020 Posted April 29, 2020 I think I'm going to think about something else.
TronRP Posted April 29, 2020 Author Posted April 29, 2020 2 hours ago, kat said: Dude, but China threatened the US in November about retaliation over that protester bill, they were pissed about the Tariffs, this is more than bad bat meat 🤢. Than the strains are different on the East Coast than the West apparently, East coast has the one that Italy got which is why NY, NJ, MA, PA, and even us here have it bad and more deaths. The West got the same strain from China and is weaker...hmmm.. ~~~~~ I will leave this alone because you can see where a lot of conspiracy theories comes from. But the original strain that hit the U.S. came from China by way of a cruise ship that departed Japan before the quarantine was implemented weeks after it devastated Mainland China. Other land based cases were reported and documented in-route to Europe from China. As I am aware of the U.S.-China debate, this outbreak started in late September to early October and was dismissed because it was "All the way overseas in China" so non-adjoining countries took the mass outbreak in various ways. However, although China warned the U.S. about the outbreak, it was considered to be a low level concern. Europe even told the U.S. about doing test kits back in December of 2019. I declare It was starting to feel like the 9-11 warnings all over again. And sure enough, when the pandemic finally reached us months later, everyone was "blindsided" and the first thing most U.S. citizens did was jump on the "Conspiracy Train". But it was against the U.S. originally, not China.
TronRP Posted April 29, 2020 Author Posted April 29, 2020 I strongly dislike these ASPCA commercials showing all these little suffering animals and begging for $19 a month...just 63 cents a day so they can send you a "Membership Kit" consisting of a picture of a rescued animal (thanks to your donation), a T-Shirt and a magazine subscription. The entire time, I'm thinking why not just send a 10 cent "Thank You" postcard and use the rest of the money to help other poor, shivering, suffering animals. Let the members buy their own T-Shirts. 😒
NocteSpiritus Posted April 29, 2020 Posted April 29, 2020 1 hour ago, TronRP said: I strongly dislike these ASPCA commercials showing all these little suffering animals and begging for $19 a month...just 63 cents a day so they can send you a "Membership Kit" consisting of a picture of a rescued animal (thanks to your donation), a T-Shirt and a magazine subscription. The entire time, I'm thinking why not just send a 10 cent "Thank You" postcard and use the rest of the money to help other poor, shivering, suffering animals. Let the members buy their own T-Shirts. 😒 And that's why I always rolled my eyes and ignored those ads whenever they popped up. On the thought of commercials, I miss having live cable. The question is: do I splurge for it all (adding it to my net) or just deal with the net?
Troy Spiral (13) Posted April 30, 2020 Posted April 30, 2020 58 minutes ago, NocteSpiritus said: And that's why I always rolled my eyes and ignored those ads whenever they popped up. On the thought of commercials, I miss having live cable. The question is: do I splurge for it all (adding it to my net) or just deal with the net? Well you could get Sling which has live cable stations so does YouTube TV.
BadKitty Posted April 30, 2020 Posted April 30, 2020 A friend's mom died last night from COVID-19. She was completely healthy, no underlying issues, got it.... fought it for a month. Got on the vent, got better, got OFF the vent, and then took a turn for the worse and got back on it... and then died. Another friend's mom just tested positive. She's 80 years old and lives in a memory care facility for Alzheimer's patients. She likely won't survive either. I've known several people who have died from this and I'm SO VERY ANGRY at certain family members who believe it's just like a bad cold or the flu, or it isn't real and is just a media conspiracy to destroy the economy. Or local people who refuse to wear masks anywhere because apparently it infringes on their "right" to go to Hellmart to buy shit they don't need. Honestly, if I weren't so antisocial when life is "normal" this would have made me a hermit. Now I'm a hermit by necessity since if I catch the virus I'm unlikely to survive. But apparently that doesn't matter. People think nothing of doing stupid things and then expecting to actually be around me. kat 1
TronRP Posted April 30, 2020 Author Posted April 30, 2020 31 minutes ago, BadKitty said: A friend's mom died last night from COVID-19. She was completely healthy, no underlying issues, got it.... fought it for a month. Got on the vent, got better, got OFF the vent, and then took a turn for the worse and got back on it... and then died. Another friend's mom just tested positive. She's 80 years old and lives in a memory care facility for Alzheimer's patients. She likely won't survive either. I've known several people who have died from this and I'm SO VERY ANGRY at certain family members who believe it's just like a bad cold or the flu, or it isn't real and is just a media conspiracy to destroy the economy. Or local people who refuse to wear masks anywhere because apparently it infringes on their "right" to go to Hellmart to buy shit they don't need. Honestly, if I weren't so antisocial when life is "normal" this would have made me a hermit. Now I'm a hermit by necessity since if I catch the virus I'm unlikely to survive. But apparently that doesn't matter. People think nothing of doing stupid things and then expecting to actually be around me. ~~~~~ My condolences
TronRP Posted April 30, 2020 Author Posted April 30, 2020 Not to make light of the current pandemic situation, but I've been seeing all of these commercials about people needing daily encouragement, needing projects to keep themselves busy, hearing about people losing track of time and days, some acting like washing their hands is a chore, how not being able to hangout is life crippling, and wearing a mask and optional gloves is really not necessary. I have to say I'm starting to feel bad for all of these people. As a germophobic, introverted hermit with a sun allergy that works from home, a quarantine-like lifestyle is par for the course for me. Unfortunately, since the outbreak, I now have to leave the house more often to shop due to essential items and meds not being able to be shipped to my location. However, now when I go out, covered from head to toe, no one looks twice anymore or quickly avert their eyes as if they just caught sight of the culprit coming to rob the place. The thing that worries me the most is the comment that states, "You may already have COVID-19 and don't even know it". And the only thing they tell you to do is "Stay Home" to help flatten the "Curve". But I have to leave the house because I can't order what I need and only about 1/3 of the people, I encounter out and about, are wearing any form of protection. I literally have to quarantine myself from the rest of the family every time I return from a shopping trip due to multiple family members having immune system issues...myself included. I try not to get anxiety over the thought of contaminating anyone, but it's hard as I am a Home Care Provider.
kat (1) Posted May 2, 2020 Posted May 2, 2020 (edited) @TronRP Omg that whole handwashing thing! Yea, I'm like...didn't people already do this anyway? Apparently not. I tested negative and am still scared of being around people like my kids or anyone who is susceptible. Edited May 2, 2020 by kat
TronRP Posted May 2, 2020 Author Posted May 2, 2020 5 hours ago, kat said: @TronRP Omg that whole handwashing thing! Yea, I'm like...didn't people already do this anyway? Apparently not. I tested negative and am still scared of being around people like my kids or anyone who is susceptible. ~~~~~ I literally felt grossed out during my first shopping trip to Meijer, after they confirmed the virus was in the U.S. Every can of disinfectant, bottles and bars of soap, hygiene and cleaning supplies, and detergent had jumped off the store shelves overnight. All I could think was "What did these people use before now?"
NocteSpiritus Posted May 2, 2020 Posted May 2, 2020 Wanting to cut my hair; but wanting to find my dad's buzz set before doing anything.
TronRP Posted May 4, 2020 Author Posted May 4, 2020 I'm thinking that if I wake up early enough in the morning tomorrow, I'll go do another trash pickup sweep before the neighborhood starts stirring.
NocteSpiritus Posted May 4, 2020 Posted May 4, 2020 How long I can actually stay up through the night before my system rebels against me.
firekitten15 Posted May 5, 2020 Posted May 5, 2020 Thanks to the song i'm listening to...Angels drunk on rose water is a thought i'm trying to see.
TronRP Posted May 5, 2020 Author Posted May 5, 2020 9 minutes ago, firekitten15 said: Thanks to the song i'm listening to...Angels drunk on rose water is a thought i'm trying to see. ~~~~~ ...good luck with that... 🤣
firekitten15 Posted May 5, 2020 Posted May 5, 2020 1 minute ago, TronRP said: ~~~~~ ...good luck with that... 🤣 I gave up lol, noodles are way better to focus on
NocteSpiritus Posted May 5, 2020 Posted May 5, 2020 13 minutes ago, firekitten15 said: Thanks to the song i'm listening to...Angels drunk on rose water is a thought i'm trying to see. I can imagine an angel drunk on a liquor store. firekitten15 1
TronRP Posted May 5, 2020 Author Posted May 5, 2020 4 minutes ago, NocteSpiritus said: I can imagine an angel drunk on a liquor store. ~~~~~ I was kinda expecting him to suddenly puke his guts out...
NocteSpiritus Posted May 5, 2020 Posted May 5, 2020 Just now, TronRP said: ~~~~~ I was kinda expecting him to suddenly puke his guts out... lol He is an angel; give him some credit.
firekitten15 Posted May 5, 2020 Posted May 5, 2020 5 minutes ago, NocteSpiritus said: I can imagine an angel drunk on a liquor store. That's perfect lol.
NocteSpiritus Posted May 5, 2020 Posted May 5, 2020 1 minute ago, firekitten15 said: That's perfect lol. lol Why'd you think I shared it?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now