NocteSpiritus Posted August 10, 2020 Posted August 10, 2020 Half glad (but hate) that I called a month after my first call for the tooth pull. The oral surgery school's residents are back in and got an appointment in October. Now to hope I get this job at Starbucks so I can put in all these dates to be requested off.
TronRP Posted August 10, 2020 Author Posted August 10, 2020 I am trying to keep my skepticism under control regarding this online school. I am not comfortable with viewing a video of a teacher for 7th grade English telling students to give them direct "cell phone" numbers, not their parents', but one for them to contact the student directly. I am not alright with that. The teacher will already have video conferencing access to the student during regular school hours, so why would they need direct contact outside of class time?
kat (1) Posted August 14, 2020 Posted August 14, 2020 I think about death more lately..but I'm assuming that is probably a lot of people right now.
TronRP Posted August 16, 2020 Author Posted August 16, 2020 Wow, another busy day that snuck up on me. (Sorry, I know "snuck" is not technically a proper word, but I have a hard time saying "sneaked up on me". It makes me think of Bugs Bunny and the Looney Toons.) 😂
kat (1) Posted August 17, 2020 Posted August 17, 2020 I just drowned and bludgeoned a centipede to death in my bathroom and I also found out that for 41 years I thought that those ugly things we see all the time were centipedes but they are actually milipedes. Centipedes actually look like bees and apparently can sting. I have never seen one so big either!! It was very large. I walked in the bathroom, switch on the lights and it's running across the floor like it owns the place. I was like shit, shit what do I grab? The bottle of fantastic with bleach right there I kept spraying forever, there was a huge puddle in the floor but that mfer was still wadding it's way out...it was not ready to meet Jesus yet. I just turned the bottle around and started wailing on it...than sat it down and washed my hands..looked back and it was still alive! IT WASN'T EVEN WHOLE ANYMORE. I DISMEMBERED IT AND IT WAS STILL TRYING TO LIVE! THE WILL WAS STRONG 💪 I drowned it a little bit longer and got it up and flushed it finally ending its poor ordeal...hopefully. My God I didn't mean to turn it into a torture session. That was alot. RIP, bug.
TronRP Posted August 17, 2020 Author Posted August 17, 2020 6 minutes ago, kat said: I just drowned and bludgeoned a centipede to death in my bathroom and I also found out that for 41 years I thought that those ugly things we see all the time were centipedes but they are actually milipedes. Centipedes actually look like bees and apparently can sting. I have never seen one so big either!! It was very large. I walked in the bathroom, switch on the lights and it's running across the floor like it owns the place. I was like shit, shit what do I grab? The bottle of fantastic with bleach right there I kept spraying forever, there was a huge puddle in the floor but that mfer was still wadding it's way out...it was not ready to meet Jesus yet. I just turned the bottle around and started wailing on it...than sat it down and washed my hands..looked back and it was still alive! IT WASN'T EVEN WHOLE ANYMORE. I DISMEMBERED IT AND IT WAS STILL TRYING TO LIVE! THE WILL WAS STRONG 💪 I drowned it a little bit longer and got it up and flushed it finally ending its poor ordeal...hopefully. My God I didn't mean to turn it into a torture session. That was alot. RIP, bug. ~~~~~ Your story was so vivid, it was like I was living it. Then I visualized it like a Canned Film Festival movie short: "Death of the Unwanted Bathroom Guest". 🤣 Chances are, what you encountered was a House Centipede. And yes, I have seen those things grow to about 3 inches. And I've heard they can grow bigger. Out in nature, Centipedes and Millipedes look similar, but you can tell them apart.
kat (1) Posted August 17, 2020 Posted August 17, 2020 9 hours ago, TronRP said: ~~~~~ Your story was so vivid, it was like I was living it. Then I visualized it like a Canned Film Festival movie short: "Death of the Unwanted Bathroom Guest". 🤣 Chances are, what you encountered was a House Centipede. And yes, I have seen those things grow to about 3 inches. And I've heard they can grow bigger. Out in nature, Centipedes and Millipedes look similar, but you can tell them apart. Lol!! That's exactly what I was going for except with Morgan Freeman doing the narration. 😎
kat (1) Posted August 17, 2020 Posted August 17, 2020 (edited) Also, I thought that was what I read too about it being a house centipede, I just have never seen an actual house one. With it being 2020 and all I'm just glad that I didn't walk in to find on of those human centipedes crawling around instead! Edited August 17, 2020 by kat
TronRP Posted August 17, 2020 Author Posted August 17, 2020 6 hours ago, kat said: Lol!! That's exactly what I was going for except with Morgan Freeman doing the narration. 😎 ~~~~~ Mission accomplished!! 😁👍 Also, regarding the "human centipedes" comment, some people are asking if those movies were taken off of true events. With all the crazies in this world with private hideaways, one will never truly know.
kat (1) Posted August 18, 2020 Posted August 18, 2020 11 hours ago, TronRP said: ~~~~~ Mission accomplished!! 😁👍 Also, regarding the "human centipedes" comment, some people are asking if those movies were taken off of true events. With all the crazies in this world with private hideaways, one will never truly know. Truth!! I wouldn't be surprised if we were to hear a story about one before the year is up.
TronRP Posted August 21, 2020 Author Posted August 21, 2020 Wondering if I should go to sleep right now. My neighbors start partying at 8pm every night, but since I'm so tired right now, I might actually sleep through the loudest part of it all. They generally turn the music down about 12:30am.
TronRP Posted August 22, 2020 Author Posted August 22, 2020 Yep, right on time. The party has begun...
TronRP Posted August 25, 2020 Author Posted August 25, 2020 I think I'll have to stay awake the rest of the night. If I go to sleep now, I'm going to miss the virtual "meet and greet" for the boy's online school happening later today at 12pm. For some reason, I can't wake up before 11am. And if I do wake up, I have no motivation to get up so I forget why I was trying to wake up in the first place. 😆
NocteSpiritus Posted August 25, 2020 Posted August 25, 2020 Had about five people (including me) all set for a camping weekend, now three dropped out; one due to 'not having time to request the camping weekend off' for their job and the other two due to financial (and morale?) reasons. Like, we were all planning on this for weeks. Seriously? I put money down for a rental car (none of us really trust our vehicles to make the trip) and for the camp site. Wish people woulda said they couldn't two weeks ago.
TronRP Posted August 26, 2020 Author Posted August 26, 2020 5 hours ago, NocteSpiritus said: Had about five people (including me) all set for a camping weekend, now three dropped out; one due to 'not having time to request the camping weekend off' for their job and the other two due to financial (and morale?) reasons. Like, we were all planning on this for weeks. Seriously? I put money down for a rental car (none of us really trust our vehicles to make the trip) and for the camp site. Wish people woulda said they couldn't two weeks ago. ~~~~~ It sounds as though you were the one financially invested in the camping trip. When people have nothing to lose, they just glide through and make decisions based on how they "feel" at that time. I think you should ask for some percentage of reimbursement. Even corporate requires you to give a 2 week notice.
TronRP Posted August 28, 2020 Author Posted August 28, 2020 Thinking of shutting down during this thunderstorm. 😬
NocteSpiritus Posted August 31, 2020 Posted August 31, 2020 On 8/25/2020 at 11:36 PM, TronRP said: ~~~~~ It sounds as though you were the one financially invested in the camping trip. When people have nothing to lose, they just glide through and make decisions based on how they "feel" at that time. I think you should ask for some percentage of reimbursement. Even corporate requires you to give a 2 week notice. It was a thing that (if I remember right) that everyone that was going to go was to pay a portion (everything was broken down providing X many people went between camp site and car rental). Still hoping that two people that had opted out will change their minds and opt in again. It's been a ... thing where they say they're not attending meets then turn around and show up anyway.
sekhmet2002 Posted September 6, 2020 Posted September 6, 2020 I'm exhausted and take on too much stuff to do every single day.
TronRP Posted September 6, 2020 Author Posted September 6, 2020 I wonder if it is legal to sue for noise pollution. The bass from these vehicles out here feels like they are about to bust my eardrums. And it's a bunch of young people from somewhere else, partying on our block. kat 1
kat (1) Posted September 6, 2020 Posted September 6, 2020 44 minutes ago, TronRP said: I wonder if it is legal to sue for noise pollution. The bass from these vehicles out here feels like they are about to bust my eardrums. And it's a bunch of young people from somewhere else, partying on our block. SMDH..people are straight up off the hook now. I mean people just keep getting murdered and it's worse than it was when I was growing up in the gangland of the 90s. Respect is a foreign concept to people nowadays.
TronRP Posted September 6, 2020 Author Posted September 6, 2020 17 hours ago, kat said: SMDH..people are straight up off the hook now. I mean people just keep getting murdered and it's worse than it was when I was growing up in the gangland of the 90s. Respect is a foreign concept to people nowadays. True That!
TronRP Posted September 7, 2020 Author Posted September 7, 2020 I think it's time to start making plans to winterize the houses with tighter construction this year. DTE has already released the new Budget-wise billing estimate and it is more expensive than last year. It appears to me that they are gearing up to gouge bill payers even though they keep boasting about all of this "renewable energy" they claim they have tapped into.
TronRP Posted September 7, 2020 Author Posted September 7, 2020 It's a good thing I went out at 11pm to clean up all of the trash my neighbors left in my yard for me because now it's about to rain buckets.
TronRP Posted September 8, 2020 Author Posted September 8, 2020 Today is the first day of school for the boy. He starts online school at Insight School of Michigan.
TronRP Posted September 9, 2020 Author Posted September 9, 2020 It's sad that you know school is back in because they have started playing the anti-bullying commercials.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now