Jump to content

A Collage I Made


Recommended Posts

Posted

Never was much of a fan.  But they are the ONLY huge act to give detroit real respect.  45 years.  1974 - 2019.  Game Over.  

 

Really this was for bobbi, but i figured I should take some time to learn about the band rather than just blindly walk into the concert I had to rob peter to pay paul for (so bobbi could go who is even more poor than I am) I had zero real interest.  But I knew she would be sad FOREVER if she didn't get to go.   Ended up dropping the cynicism about KISS and just enjoy it for what it is.  A throwback to an earlier time when rock music was transtioning from one form to another.  These guys pioneered a lot of what we have now.  But, themselves kept their style and did not change with the times to sell records.  Strangely that WORKED. 

 

I've never seen such a diverse crowd.  70 year olds in the same hallway with packs of 16 year old girls dressed in full kiss makeup?  That is how you rake in the C A S H.  lol 

 

They are good musicians (sorry if you don't agree you have never played an instrument seriously) Paul Stanley (usually the lead singer) is also a trained in Opera singer.  They have this whole other aspect to them that is either embraced or ridiculed, that is they are old-school leave-it-all-on-stage OG rock god style showmen.  The pyrotechnics the hydro (complicated lifts) and various other aspects take a ton of prep work and practice beyond the years and years of musical practice.  Is that good? Well it's a extremely high skill bar, even if it isn't your cup of tea.  Takes serious dedication to pull off.  Especially on a grueling schedule, and every member of the band hovering around 60+ years old. 

 

I'm doing this while I wait for the HOUR DAMN LONG video to process / backup / upload.  Been waiting almost 2 hours.  

 

 

 

53560529_10216718444847803_9174595678117036032_n.jpg

 

 

 

Posted

I love the collage. I saw you post it on Facebook. You did such a good job with just your phone. I'm amazed.

Posted
3 hours ago, sekhmet2002 said:

I love the collage. I saw you post it on Facebook. You did such a good job with just your phone. I'm amazed.

~~~~~

On his phone?!?  I'm amazed too!!!

😲

Posted
23 hours ago, sekhmet2002 said:

I love the collage. I saw you post it on Facebook. You did such a good job with just your phone. I'm amazed.

 

20 hours ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

On his phone?!?  I'm amazed too!!!

😲

 

 

THREE DIFFERENT APPS lol . 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Statistics

    38.9k
    Total Topics
    822k
    Total Posts
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
  • Topics

  • Posts

    • et-novum
      I'm feeling like a squirrel playing in traffic that has, so far, avoided consequences from my own poor choices. 
    • Soulrev
      This is very true. My wife is a very outgoing, social, and overall happy person, and that's why I fell in love with her the moment we met. She took the initiative to approach me - and had it not been for that, I may have never met her! Over the 11 years we've been together, quite happily, I've learned that she makes it an effort to be happy and not let life get her down. Wherever we go she will light up a room. She's not always happy, but she always does her best to at least appear happy, and that, to me, just makes her that much more attractive. Not to mention, she's always getting hit on 🤣🤷🏻‍♂️ So, I think a lot of people find people with an outgoing, confident and positive attitude more attractive and more approachable! Idk that's just me, though. . . I still say you will find your special someone soon! Get out there, put on a happy face, and get 'em! 🤠👍
    • Scary Guy
      I went to Cold Waves II with a friend, and then we met a few other friends there.  It was a fantastic time.  I hope to make it again sometime.
    • Scary Guy
      WE . ARE . FUCKED! Start preppin'
    • Scary Guy
      For once I get to post it :( Was in the hospital for my first (and hopefully last) kidney stone.  Had some opiates to help with that pain, and now I'm amazingly impacted / constipated (which I went back to the ER for.)  Trying not to hit that level of pain again.  I'll still take it over the little ball of razorblades stone (and it was only 2mm!.) Getting old sucks.  Worst birthday present ever.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.