Jump to content

Anyone out there have a wealth of knowledge dealing with narcissists, individuals who may have BPD or both


Recommended Posts

Posted

Yeah that said it all, anyone have the 411 about dealing with narcissistic people and/or individuals that may have Borderline Personality Disorder?

Especially in the context of being in a relationship or god forbid, a marraige to one? I have a good bit of experience but mines more a "throwing spaghetti at the wall to see if it sticks" kinda know-how.

Posted

I have to admit, I'm guilty of being an online researcher.

 

I spend a lot of time on WebMD, Wikipedia and YouTube documentaries highlighting various psychological and physical disorders.

 

The web might be a good place to start.

Posted

Take EVERYTHING online with a grain of salt.

 

But, https://old.reddit.com/r/raisedbynarcissists

 

I'm not sure about relationships but that provides some insight at least.  I've dealt with many over the years.  The worst part is trying to point out their own behavior to them when they ask me "why don't I have any friends?"

 

BPD is completely different however.  I mean a person can have both sure, but it isn't like they go hand in hand or anything.

Best of luck.  Just remember that if you love someone it doesn't mean you have to put up with their bullshit, and if they love you back that means they'll try to avoid piling it on you in the first place (if they can, it's called mental illness for a reason.)

  • 1 year later...
Posted
On 3/28/2022 at 1:37 PM, WhiteLines said:

Yeah that said it all, anyone have the 411 about dealing with narcissistic people and/or individuals that may have Borderline Personality Disorder?

Especially in the context of being in a relationship or god forbid, a marraige to one? I have a good bit of experience but mines more a "throwing spaghetti at the wall to see if it sticks" kinda know-how.


Run away. 
 

 

IMG_6306.webp

  • Like 3
Posted
1 hour ago, Msterbeau said:

This. Not to sound cold to anyone. But BPD and narcissist are known for never getting their shit together enough to stop mistreating people. Save yourself the heartache.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Statistics

    38.9k
    Total Topics
    822k
    Total Posts
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 39 Guests (See full list)

    • TronRP
  • Topics

  • Posts

    • TronRP
      This is weird.  I keep forgetting that I don't need anyone's permission to do anything.  I'm too old for this mindset.  I keep forgetting that I'm in charge of all of the estates and if I decide I want to go somewhere, I have the right to do so.    As easy as that sounds, it's so hard to implement after such a long time of being under a different hierarchy.   Definitely going to change my mindset and make this work.
    • TronRP
      2:15pm - Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 66 Guests(See full list) TronRP
    • TronRP
      ~~~~~ It was an amazing time.  
    • kat
      This! I get up, go to the bathroom and sleep another few hours all day long. Feel better! 
    • Soulrev
      I've felt this way literally since I got home from ABQ almost 2 1/2 weeks ago. That valley fever really kicked my ass. I still have some chest congestion, and I've had zero energy this whole time. Like I can sleep for 12 hours, wake up, go to the bathroom, and pass out for another 12 hours (and I have).    I am slowly starting to feel better as of the past couple of days, I can feel my energy coming back very slowly but surely.   Getting old really sucks. In my twenties this probably wouldn't have even slowed me down, but now it seems it takes 10x longer to recover from everything. It's also the main reason I don't drink anymore. Even one cocktail and I feel like hell the next day🤷🏻‍♂️
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.