Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I just opened a fortune cookie and there was no fortune in it, how long left do I have to live?

Posted

That depends. How fast can you eat it?

Posted

Doesn't that mean the future is unwritten?  Therefore, the sky is the limit. 🌟

Posted

Somewhere between 2 minutes and 52 years

  • Like 2
Posted

Didn't you hear?  There's a writer's strike.  No fortune for you!  😄

Posted
10 hours ago, TronRP said:

Doesn't that mean the future is unwritten?  Therefore, the sky is the limit. 🌟


I like the foolish optimism so I'm going with this.


 

3 hours ago, Stu said:

Didn't you hear?  There's a writer's strike.  No fortune for you!  😄


lol.


I remember saving them as a kid in a tootsie roll bank just because I thought they were neat and meant something.  When I eat them I don't even bother reading the fortune anymore.  Maybe ignorance is bliss, or maybe I'm just nostalgic about still being young and full of wonder.

I've had this idea for "Chinese science cookies" rolling around in my head for a long time.  They'd have a cool science fact on them and some prime numbers.  Better than the ones that get made with fortunes or ads in them (and I'm not sure which is worse.)

Posted

Our fortunes depend on people around us. No people = no fortune.

Mass extinction event imminent.

Posted
4 hours ago, know_buddy_kares said:

Our fortunes depend on people around us. No people = no fortune.

Mass extinction event imminent.


No, our fortunes depend on having the Fortune program installed on the system.

Really though people are not required but they do help sometimes.

 

Out hunting alone and having your firearm not misfire when being attacked by a bear?  Pretty fortunate I'd say.

That family dying in the Colorado wilderness alone because they wanted to live off-grid?  Well that was unfortunate.

Posted

Did you have a "Miss Fortune?"

Posted
13 minutes ago, phee said:

Did you have a "Miss Fortune?"


Yes, but she died.  :(

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Statistics

    38.9k
    Total Topics
    822k
    Total Posts
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 94 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
  • Topics

  • Posts

    • TronRP
      This is weird.  I keep forgetting that I don't need anyone's permission to do anything.  I'm too old for this mindset.  I keep forgetting that I'm in charge of all of the estates and if I decide I want to go somewhere, I have the right to do so.    As easy as that sounds, it's so hard to implement after such a long time of being under a different hierarchy.   Definitely going to change my mindset and make this work.
    • TronRP
      2:15pm - Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 66 Guests(See full list) TronRP
    • TronRP
      ~~~~~ It was an amazing time.  
    • kat
      This! I get up, go to the bathroom and sleep another few hours all day long. Feel better! 
    • Soulrev
      I've felt this way literally since I got home from ABQ almost 2 1/2 weeks ago. That valley fever really kicked my ass. I still have some chest congestion, and I've had zero energy this whole time. Like I can sleep for 12 hours, wake up, go to the bathroom, and pass out for another 12 hours (and I have).    I am slowly starting to feel better as of the past couple of days, I can feel my energy coming back very slowly but surely.   Getting old really sucks. In my twenties this probably wouldn't have even slowed me down, but now it seems it takes 10x longer to recover from everything. It's also the main reason I don't drink anymore. Even one cocktail and I feel like hell the next day🤷🏻‍♂️
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.