kat (1) Posted November 14, 2022 Posted November 14, 2022 (edited) 12 hours ago, TronRP said: ~~~~~ 🤣Very apt name for the place. ...by the way, who is Trinity? I meant Holy Trinity..(father, son, Holy Ghost)...I forget that it's a Baptist thing sometimes..see that's why I am eclectic because I believe things make sense in so many religions that I don't want to just exclude all of those beliefs that I can apply to my life from other spiritual sects. Especially considering that my therapy group that I'm in is technically based partly on Buddhist beliefs and it's the only thing that has ever been actually life changing to me. Edited November 14, 2022 by kat
NocteSpiritus Posted November 14, 2022 Posted November 14, 2022 21 hours ago, kat said: I should have went to church now I get to go to work all week and see the pastor and the one guy who's super friendly in there working out every morning who I told I'd come this Sunday so now I've officially lied to church folk. I didn't mean to lie it's just I'm lazy and not 100 percent sure that's the right church for me, I mean I still like my crystals and horoscopes and overall eclectic spiritual views even though I also believe in Trinity 🤷♀️😪 You can be a witch/pagan and Christian at the same time; there are those that merge the two. And it's okay to feel like a church/path isn't the right one for you. TronRP and kat 2
kat (1) Posted November 15, 2022 Posted November 15, 2022 22 hours ago, TronRP said: ~~~~~ 🤣Very apt name for the place. ...by the way, who is Trinity? Lol it truly is, and the parking lot arguments that I see..and that's Kroger we won't even talk about Walmart. TronRP 1
kat (1) Posted November 15, 2022 Posted November 15, 2022 (edited) I made my custard..it tastes like, custard without a doughnut...next recipe...low carb doughnut..chocolate...custard..note to self find Boston cream extract. Edited November 15, 2022 by kat TronRP 1
TronRP Posted November 15, 2022 Author Posted November 15, 2022 12 hours ago, kat said: I meant Holy Trinity..(father, son, Holy Ghost)...I forget that it's a Baptist thing sometimes..see that's why I am eclectic because I believe things make sense in so many religions that I don't want to just exclude all of those beliefs that I can apply to my life from other spiritual sects. Especially considering that my therapy group that I'm in is technically based partly on Buddhist beliefs and it's the only thing that has ever been actually life changing to me. ~~~~~ lol...I thought you were saying Trinity was the name of a holistic healer that you knew or something like that. 🤣 Our mother grew up Baptist, but she raised us Apostolic. Seriously, I only thought the "Holy Trinity", in name, was practiced in Catholicism. I know Protestant belief is in The Son, The Father and The Holy Ghost, but I don't ever remember referring to it as the Holy Trinity in Church. It was like it was called by something else. But after prayer service, we always said, "These and other blessings we ask in the name of The Son, The Father and The Holy Ghost, Amen." And that would be the end of Sunday Service. kat 1
TronRP Posted November 15, 2022 Author Posted November 15, 2022 1 hour ago, kat said: Lol it truly is, and the parking lot arguments that I see..and that's Kroger we won't even talk about Walmart. ~~~~~ It's funny how much time has changed. Growing up, Kroger was the expensive store, so we could only shop there once a month after the paycheck came in. It was where the upper middle/lower upper class people shopped. Generally, we would shop at A&P and later Farmer Jack. For things that ran out regularly, we would go to the corner store. Nowadays, most places are the same across the board, but there is still just something about the People of Walmart. ~~~~~ 56,181 views May 21, 2011 People of Walmart Lyrics - by Jessica Frech
NocteSpiritus Posted November 15, 2022 Posted November 15, 2022 17 hours ago, TronRP said: ~~~~~ It's funny how much time has changed. Growing up, Kroger was the expensive store, so we could only shop there once a month after the paycheck came in. It was where the upper middle/lower upper class people shopped. Generally, we would shop at A&P and later Farmer Jack. For things that ran out regularly, we would go to the corner store. Nowadays, most places are the same across the board, but there is still just something about the People of Walmart. ~~~~~ I've only grown up shopping at Farmer Jack/Kroger with the odd trip to Meijer. My dad was able to afford Farmer Jack back in the early 90s.
TronRP Posted November 16, 2022 Author Posted November 16, 2022 5 hours ago, NocteSpiritus said: I've only grown up shopping at Farmer Jack/Kroger with the odd trip to Meijer. My dad was able to afford Farmer Jack back in the early 90s. ~~~~~ Yeah, by the 90's, Farmer Jack and Kroger were on the same footing in the City. Super K and Meijer were introduced as the Suburban stores. You went to Super K for a discount and Meijer to be fancy. Target stepped in as a merger of all the stores, but inside the City limit. Now, it doesn't really matter because everyone is gone or literally on the outskirts of the actual City boarder. Meijer Rivertown Market is the only remnant of the name of a major superstore in the inner city and it basically goes by the name "Rivertown Market" because no one thinks of a Meijer actually being 2 minutes from the Detroit Riverfront and it doesn't have a Home Décor or Pharmacy department. Everyone there are local vendors and it's more like Eastern Market under one roof.
TronRP Posted November 16, 2022 Author Posted November 16, 2022 I can't believe it's going on Wednesday already. I think I lost a day.
NocteSpiritus Posted November 16, 2022 Posted November 16, 2022 18 hours ago, TronRP said: ~~~~~ Yeah, by the 90's, Farmer Jack and Kroger were on the same footing in the City. Super K and Meijer were introduced as the Suburban stores. You went to Super K for a discount and Meijer to be fancy. Target stepped in as a merger of all the stores, but inside the City limit. Now, it doesn't really matter because everyone is gone or literally on the outskirts of the actual City boarder. Meijer Rivertown Market is the only remnant of the name of a major superstore in the inner city and it basically goes by the name "Rivertown Market" because no one thinks of a Meijer actually being 2 minutes from the Detroit Riverfront and it doesn't have a Home Décor or Pharmacy department. Everyone there are local vendors and it's more like Eastern Market under one roof. I believe that. Things have changed even in twenty years (much less 36 years).
NocteSpiritus Posted November 16, 2022 Posted November 16, 2022 19 hours ago, TronRP said: ~~~~~ Yeah, by the 90's, Farmer Jack and Kroger were on the same footing in the City. Super K and Meijer were introduced as the Suburban stores. You went to Super K for a discount and Meijer to be fancy. Target stepped in as a merger of all the stores, but inside the City limit. Now, it doesn't really matter because everyone is gone or literally on the outskirts of the actual City boarder. Meijer Rivertown Market is the only remnant of the name of a major superstore in the inner city and it basically goes by the name "Rivertown Market" because no one thinks of a Meijer actually being 2 minutes from the Detroit Riverfront and it doesn't have a Home Décor or Pharmacy department. Everyone there are local vendors and it's more like Eastern Market under one roof. I believe that. Things have changed even in twenty years (much less 36 years).
NocteSpiritus Posted November 16, 2022 Posted November 16, 2022 How much money I would be investing into a crochet side hustle. Between getting a ship station, boxes, yarn for the items to be sold, and a square card reader.
TronRP Posted November 17, 2022 Author Posted November 17, 2022 Wow, I got in some much needed sleep...woke up at 9:58pm.
TronRP Posted November 17, 2022 Author Posted November 17, 2022 5 hours ago, NocteSpiritus said: How much money I would be investing into a crochet side hustle. Between getting a ship station, boxes, yarn for the items to be sold, and a square card reader. ~~~~~ Do you have any images you can post of items you've already made? Also, if you are using an outside image storage service, I can assist you with bringing the images to DGN in a compatible format. NocteSpiritus 1
TronRP Posted November 18, 2022 Author Posted November 18, 2022 It's amazing how fast this day took off after I woke up.
TronRP Posted November 18, 2022 Author Posted November 18, 2022 Now I'm beginning to understand why people blog on Social Media. With everything being automated these days, you can no longer connect with another human being when handling money matters or simple purchases. So blogging and vlogging gets your opinion out there where real people can see it, which generally makes its way to the proper ear and then something progressive can be done about the situation. Other than that, you're just an upset, irate individual with motives for going "Postal".
kat (1) Posted November 19, 2022 Posted November 19, 2022 On 11/14/2022 at 11:20 PM, TronRP said: ~~~~~ It's funny how much time has changed. Growing up, Kroger was the expensive store, so we could only shop there once a month after the paycheck came in. It was where the upper middle/lower upper class people shopped. Generally, we would shop at A&P and later Farmer Jack. For things that ran out regularly, we would go to the corner store. Nowadays, most places are the same across the board, but there is still just something about the People of Walmart. ~~~~~ 56,181 views May 21, 2011 People of Walmart Lyrics - by Jessica Frech Farmer Jack was just down the street from us so that was where I would walk with my mom's food stamps when I was like between 8 and 12. I always would buy myself a candy and eat it on the way home, a habit that I just realized I have not really broken yet..hmmm..damn 🤯💣 (Side Note: I am not doing another therapy goal for this one! I'm just not going to do it anymore, problem solved. Next.) Haha, my therapy is almost done too..I can't believe I am actually seeing this entire year program through compliant and everything! I love the person I am becoming. TronRP 1
kat (1) Posted November 19, 2022 Posted November 19, 2022 On 11/14/2022 at 10:44 PM, TronRP said: ~~~~~ lol...I thought you were saying Trinity was the name of a holistic healer that you knew or something like that. 🤣 Our mother grew up Baptist, but she raised us Apostolic. Seriously, I only thought the "Holy Trinity", in name, was practiced in Catholicism. I know Protestant belief is in The Son, The Father and The Holy Ghost, but I don't ever remember referring to it as the Holy Trinity in Church. It was like it was called by something else. But after prayer service, we always said, "These and other blessings we ask in the name of The Son, The Father and The Holy Ghost, Amen." And that would be the end of Sunday Service. I think where I get confused is with Christianity as a whole. I am actually going to go do some research maybe even take an online religious studies course. I get the just of the break from the Catholic church by Protestants but I want to further learn about the history of all of this entirely. Eventually. It is important in history and social studies at the very least to know for sure.
TronRP Posted November 19, 2022 Author Posted November 19, 2022 5 hours ago, kat said: I think where I get confused is with Christianity as a whole. I am actually going to go do some research maybe even take an online religious studies course. I get the just of the break from the Catholic church by Protestants but I want to further learn about the history of all of this entirely. Eventually. It is important in history and social studies at the very least to know for sure. ~~~~~ A word of caution. Be aware of your audience when (or if) you share what you learn. I got earfuls because I studied religion as a subject and not as a belief so I was able to be more objective with my educational findings. No one ever want's to believe they worship in vain. kat and NocteSpiritus 2
TronRP Posted November 19, 2022 Author Posted November 19, 2022 I was remembering a time back when I was in High School and I mentioned how I was told that people who used "colorful metaphors" did so because they didn't know how to use words to express themselves properly. I was told that I didn't know what the "F" I was talking about. I gave them 3 different definitions for the "F" word and asked which one they were referring to. Of course you know they had some choice "metaphors" for me, but, in that case, I proved my point. 🤣 kat 1
TronRP Posted November 22, 2022 Author Posted November 22, 2022 Something is wrong here. I declare it was just 1:30pm. I know I've been handling things, but I didn't think it was for the past nearly 6 hours?
kat (1) Posted November 22, 2022 Posted November 22, 2022 1 hour ago, TronRP said: Something is wrong here. I declare it was just 1:30pm. I know I've been handling things, but I didn't think it was for the past nearly 6 hours? Time has been so weird in general.
kat (1) Posted November 22, 2022 Posted November 22, 2022 On 11/19/2022 at 5:58 PM, TronRP said: ~~~~~ A word of caution. Be aware of your audience when (or if) you share what you learn. I got earfuls because I studied religion as a subject and not as a belief so I was able to be more objective with my educational findings. No one ever want's to believe they worship in vain. I have noticed that. It's like, imagine if they thought that way about everything we studied 🤔 Just because we want to know and understand how something works doesn't mean we are going to live that. I just like to understand things so I can be as informed as possible. I tell my daughter that about politics too. I think in order to make an informed decision we should do what my political science instructor did to us..he made us debate from the side of what we were opposing. I loved it. It was one of favorite classes because of that. TronRP 1
TronRP Posted November 22, 2022 Author Posted November 22, 2022 15 minutes ago, kat said: I have noticed that. It's like, imagine if they thought that way about everything we studied 🤔 Just because we want to know and understand how something works doesn't mean we are going to live that. I just like to understand things so I can be as informed as possible. I tell my daughter that about politics too. I think in order to make an informed decision we should do what my political science instructor did to us..he made us debate from the side of what we were opposing. I loved it. It was one of favorite classes because of that. ~~~~~ We grew up in a Southern Mindset household (we kids are first generation Northerners) and EVERYTHING we did had a superstition to it. As a kid, I thought superstition meant "fear". As I got older, I understood that it meant "belief". As I studied History and Mannerisms through the ages, I came to understand why they had the superstitions that they observed...it was just that the reasons for those observances got lost over many generations. That's when I came to discover that superstition actually means "societal warning". Failure to heed the societal warning and unwanted consequences were sure to follow. Case in point, one such superstition that was a MUST to observe was "Never set your had on the tables or chairs". Growing up, I never knew why that was so important and my imagination created all kinds of scenarios with creatures stealing the hats to critters nesting in them. We were never told why. It was like living the movie "The Village" by M. Night Shyamalan. To this day, I still hesitate about where I place a hat. However, while studying European history (specifically during the time of Dickens) a proper gentleman wore a Top Hat as a sign of state and status. The more pristine the hat, the higher your prestige in society. However, should you accidentally damage your hat by say sitting on it or someone setting something on top of it, your hat would then give you a look on par with that of a vagabond and your appearance would be considered unsightly should you have to appear in public without your status symbol or with a damaged one. That's why it was considered an insult to punch through the top of someone's Top Hat. Therefore, in proper society, upon entering a building, a man would politely remove his Top Hat (so as not to scuff it on the walls, ceiling or low hanging archways) and immediately hang it on a hat rack which would generally be located near the entrance. From that, hundreds of years later, these social observances are still followed, but without understanding or meaning. Men are to remove their headgear upon entering a building. Men (in particular) are not to wear headgear indoors. Never set your hat on a table or chair. Always make sure your headgear is presentable in public. As I would learn things, I would share them with family members so they would at least understand why they were doing what they were used to doing. Needless to say, that never went over well and, apparently, I was not good at reading the cue to shut up. As adults, it was like those superstitions were ingrained in the actual fiber of their being and to say anything against those beliefs was just this side of sacrilege. Eventually, I learned to keep a lot of things, I learned, to myself. Wow, that turned into a novel...😅 kat and NocteSpiritus 2
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now